The festive season is officially open! We know that many people are planning a break and maybe even a getaway, so we decided it would be a grand idea to share some adventures for those of you planning a vacay to the fair Cape. Over the next 4 days we’re stepping outside KZN to explore more of our beautiful country and lure you to #discoversouthafrica 🇿🇦
📍Lions Head, Western Cape.
🥳Fun factor: we love this hike, and do it (almost) every time we’re in the Cape. The views are spectacular and well worth the walk!
🏋🏾♀️Fitness level: to reach the top takes anywhere between 45-90min. If you pace yourself it’s a manageable hike, although there are a few chains and ladders that you’ll need to negotiate along your climb.
👧🏾 Suitability for kids: we were very impressed to see children as young as 4 years old climbing up with their parents. You know your child and if they can soldier up for 90min one way, so your call.
🤩 What we loved most:
– The views. Definitely the views. Did we mention the views?
– We also loved seeing so many people of different ages and races on the mountain. So much diversity! Nazoke Mzansi!!
– it’s pet friendly. Fur babies welcome 🐕🐾
🚦What you need to know:
– The first part is of the hike will have questioning if it’s worth it. It’s just keeps going up. Look around you and take in the views to motivate you – and keep moving. It does get better (or at least more exciting)!
– DO carry water, wear a cap and layer on the sunblock. You may also want to eat or have a light snack before you go up. You’ll need it 😏
In short: there’s a good reason that this hike is popular amongst locals and tourists. It gives you 360 degree views ofCape Town in all her glamorous glory. Truly exquisite👌🏽
100 outdoor activities in 100 days! Things to do this summer – 71 to go 🤸🏾♂️🏊🏽♀️🙃☀️