Best known for guided hikes and a magnificent waterfall, a walk through uMzinyathi Gorge is one way to free your mind and lift your spirit. Spending time in the Rasta caves while we learned more about their lifestyle was both novel and captivating.
🥳 Fun factor: stirring views, an invigorating hike, eye opening interactions – #musttry
🏋🏾♀️ Fitness level required: Accommodating of all levels of fitness. You do, however, have an option of extending the tour and including a 7km guided hike from Inanda Adventures through Mzinyathi Gorge and back. Note the there are no marked trails in some areas making this a rugged walk.
👧🏽 Suitability for kids: must be at least 6yo.
💸 Costs: R330 for adults; R250 children under 17. Includes a guided tour of UMzinyathi, lots of information as you walk & a visit to the Rasta caves. Please contact Durban Green Corridor @greencorridors directly for pricing and specials, as these are subject to change.
🤩 What we loved most:
– The majestic views of the gorge and its magnificent waterfall had us mesmerised for moments on end throughout the tour.
– The Rasta caves were a definite highlight and we were fascinated by the idea that these caves are home to a changing community of Rastafarians, some of whom come from abroad to spend time here. It was humbling to be welcomed into this spiritual sanctity and be received with such warm and authenticity.
🚦What you need to know:
– We recommend this as a guided rather than self directed trip.
– The descent to the caves is rocky and steep and gets slippery after rain so be sure to wear shoes with good grip and tread carefully.
– The cave is home and a spiritual sanctity to a community of Rastafarian’s so please do remain mindful and respectful of this when welcomed into this space.
100 outdoor experiences in 100 days #freeyourmind #getoutside #discoverdurban 🤸🏾♀️☀️😆